In the interest of transparency and openness, INESSS meets regularly with pharmaceutical companies, which are represented by Médicaments novateurs Canada (MNC) and BIOTECanada. This permanent mechanism facilitates the discussion of shared issues and the development of best practices in collaboration.
Objectives of the statutory meetings
- Create a space for constructive dialogue and discussion between INESSS and pharmaceutical companies, which are represented by BIOTECanada and MNC, and INESSS.
- Discuss issues concerning the drug product evaluation carried out as part of INESSS’s mission.
- Facilitate optimal communication between INESSS and all manufacturers, in particular with regard to the process for evaluating drug products for inclusion.
- Keep all manufacturers informed of ongoing and upcoming work at INESSS, including work concerning innovation and the optimal use of drug products.
- Keep INESSS informed of the operations of both companies.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration between pharmaceutical companies and INESSS.
Participation in the statutory meetings is limited to 11 people: 2 representatives from BIOTECanada, 4 from MNC and 5 from INESSS. Other participants may be invited as needed.
2017 meeting schedule and minutes
2016 meeting schedule and minutes
2015 meeting schedule and minutes
2014 meeting schedule and minutes
Rules governing the statutory meetings with representatives from the pharmaceutical industry (Rx&D and BIOTECanada).
For more information on these meetings, please contact INESSS.