In the interest of transparency and openness, INESSS meets regularly with biomedical technology companies, which are represented by Medtech Canada. This permanent mechanism facilitates the discussion of shared issues and the development of best practices in collaboration.
Objectives of the statutory meetings
- Create a space for constructive dialogue and discussion between INESSS and medical technology companies, which are represented by Medtech Canada, and INESSS.
- Discuss issues concerning the medical technology evaluation carried out as part of INESSS’s mission.
- Facilitate optimal communication between INESSS and all manufacturers, in particular with regard to the medical technology evaluation process.
- Keep the companies informed of ongoing and upcoming work at INESSS, including work concerning innovation and technology evaluation.
- Keep INESSS informed of Medtech Canada’s operations. Identify opportunities for collaboration between medical technology companies and INESSS.
Participation in the statutory meetings is limited to 10 people: 5 representatives from Medtech Canada and 5 from INESSS. Other participants may be invited as needed.