Traumatology research consortium
The consortium was created to support applied research in the field of trauma care and services. Managed by Québec’s health research fund (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé, FRQS), the consortium’s ultimate aim is to improve the quality of trauma care continuum care and services. A crucial element in achieving this goal is communication among researchers, clinicians and partner decision-makers as well as the transfer, popularization, appropriation and application of knowledge.
Objectives are as follows:
- Promote multidisciplinary, multicentre research to improve the TCC
- Promote the emergence of a critical mass of researchers in trauma care
- Expand Québec’s trauma research capabilities by training new researchers
- Support the production, transfer and appropriation of new knowledge that may be used to improve the effectiveness, quality, efficiency and accessibility of trauma care and services, rehabilitation services and social, academic and occupational reintegration services for trauma victims in Québec
- Promote collaboration among trauma-care researchers, clinicians and clinical, administrative and political decision-makers in order to meet their needs
The traumatology research consortium is funded by the following partners:
- Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec (MSSS)
- Comité directeur pour la recherche en traumatologie (formerly AERDPQ – AQESSS)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS)
- Quebec Rehabilitation Research Network (REPAR)
- Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ)
INESSS’s trauma and critical care evaluation unit collaborates as a knowledge user on various research project supported by the traumatology research consortium.