Health and social service professionals
The Institut national d’excellence en santé et en services sociaux (INESSS) is a governmental agency established in 2011 following the adoption of the Act respecting the Institut national d’excellence en santé et en services sociaux. It succeeded the Conseil du médicament and the Agence d’évaluation des technologies et des modes d’intervention en santé (AETMIS), and promotes clinical excellence and the efficient use of resources in the health and social services sector.
Its mandate is to:
- Evaluate the clinical advantages and the costs of technology, medications and health care and social service interventions;
- Develop recommendations and guides intended for optimal use of technologies, medications and interventions; and updating, publishing and promoting their implementation;
- Promote and support the development of scientific evaluation in regard to technology, medications and health care and social service interventions;
- Formulate recommendations to the Minister as part of the updating of the List of Medications.
INESSS needs you!
You can get involved in different INESSS committees:
- The scientific council whose mandate is to advise INESSS on methodological inquiries and support the quality assurance process.
- The clinical excellence committee whose mandate is to advise INESSS on methodological inquiries and to support the quality assurance process.
- The permanent scientific committees issue recommendations for public coverage.
To contribute to our works, look for our calls for nominations online.
INESSS works for and with you!
To support your practice, INESSS develops, with your collaboration, different tools and knowledge transfer activities, such as:
- Evaluation of drug products for registration ;
- Evaluation of medical and genomic biology;
- Evaluation of stable blood products;
- Medical protocols and related prescriptions;
Certain publications can be consulted and used with our mobile application INESSS GUIDES.